I can't believe that March 2nd is so close! That means that many classrooms across the country will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday and Read Across America Day! This is a fun time to do some Seuss-themed activities. I've done a roundup of some cute ideas for you to use in your classroom!
1. This blog has some really cute ideas including dressing up as Horton with your arm as the trunk!
2. Jordan at Life is Better Messy Anyway, showcases this cute Seuss writing activity. Plus, she has a link to a YouTube video with Justin Bieber reading The Cat in the Hat . Some older grade kids might appreciate that! :)
3. Cupcake and Diaries has a yummy list of easy Seuss-inspired snacks you could make for your kiddos!
4. Nancy from Teaching My Friends made this cute display for her door!
5. This blog has a cute freebie for rhyming words! Can you guess what book this is themed after?
6. Another cute idea from I Can Teach My Child. This would word really well with younger kids.
7. Read Bartholomew and the Oobleck and do a science experiment! Click here.
8. CUTE Hop on Popcorn sight word activity!
9. Cute and easy dress up idea from Kindergarten is Crazy (Fun).
10. Lastly, who couldn't use a little more Seuss wisdom?
PEACE, LOVE, AND STICKY NOTES